Burpee Hero Update 1
Development has begun! I wrote the first line of code on 3/25, so we’re a little over 2 weeks in. I’ve been personally using the app to motivate myself to do more burpees, squats, pushups and sit-ups and it’s been fun.
Everything is very basic so far, but we have:
- An energy meter that refills over time
- An experience bar, that levels you up. For each level you earn a reward and your energy refills faster, capacity increases.
- You earn burpee bucks for reps, but no way to spend them yet.
- An inventory with items that refill your energy (only attained via lvl up reward for now).
- A way to enter your reps, pick the exercise, earn XP, bucks and spend energy.
- The reps of each exercise performed are logged. Eventually you’ll be able to see stats on these.
- This week I’d like to clean up some of the animations and make things look a little better. I also want to add the store, so you can spend your burpee bucks in exchange for inventory items.
The other big piece I’d like to finish before inviting a few early beta testers is equippable items that will improve your stats.
P.S. I occasionally post screenshots or short videos on insta and twitter, so make sure you’re following us there as well.